Saturday, May 29, 2010

Institute Of Baking and Cake Art - A Discovery!!

A board which I have seen a score times near the Double Road flyover. Always wanted to make a visit to the place and explore. But the almost obscure entrance on the side road and the old building that houses the Institute of Baking and Cake Art made me wonder if the place was still operational. The numbers listed on the  website were not of much use.

And then Vani dropped a comment on my blog about this 'one stop shop' and tempted me to make a visit t the place ASAP. Thanks so very much Vani!! All baking enthusiasts in Bangalore rejoice!! Of all the places, I have hunted so far in Bangalore, this one takes the cake:-)). I had been to the Institute yesterday and came back as pleased as punch. If you are interested in baking and cake decoration, you must, must visit the place.

 Here are some interesting things I found
 1.Edible cake toppers: As in printouts of any image you mail them. You get a ready to use cake topper,just frost the cake and then zap!!! Isn't that cool!!

2. Springform Tins:  I have never found these before, you bet I bought a 9" pan, am looking forward to bake in it

3.Variety of Sugar Craft flowers, leaves, a few cartoon character faces, glitter sugar, colored vermicelli(like chocolate vermicelli).

4.Ready to use "Happy Birthday' edible topper. This would be great for the artistically challenged like me or when you are in a hurry, just warm the message and top on the frosting!!

5.Egg less Concentrate: I have never found this before in any other store. Honestly I have no idea how to use it, but bought it any way. 

6. Acetate sheets: The kind strips used to give shape to desserts and mousses.

7. Whipping Cream and Powder: Found whipping cream in 1 kg packs. Whipping cream powder available too, haven't tried this before, supposed to be good.

8. Flower and leaf cutters, other tools used for crimping.

9. Dark chocolate, Chocolate Chips, cake tins, piping bags, nozzles, muffin trays, chocolate moulds, pastry brushes, spatulas, icing spatulas, food colors, pie tins and other regular baking stuff.

10. Sparkling sugar: In different colors.

11. Silicon Moulds: In different shapes and regular small moulds.

Make sure you carry cash as cards are not accepted. Well, this is all I am able to recall (Wish I had jotted down the list of things i a piece of paper:-(. Will update this as and when I remember.

The phone number is 9342825279.

Have fun Bangalore Bakers!!!