Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cupcakes go pop!



Cake pops are irritating little f*ckers. There I've said it. When it comes to taking photographs they're uncooperative - you hold them and you've got your hand in the shot, you lay them down you don't get the whole pop aspect of them, and if you sit them in the lovely cream holder you got in Columbia Road they just look odd (why is there a cake pop in a cat you may ask - cuz it's the only way I could get it to stand up!).

Anyways, they are a pain in the arse, BUT they taste like fabulous balls of heaven so we shall forgive their attitude!

These gorgeous and slightly squashed (all my fault - I managed to squish them on a long bus journey home from Oxford Circus - when I bought them they were perfectly formed!) cake pops were purchased from Selfridges bakery counter and baked and rolled by the fair hand of cake goddess Molly Bakes. Now, I've "known" Molly for some time, on Twitter, email and Facebook but I've never eaten her gorgeous cupcakes. I feel bad about this but until the Overground re-opened I used to avoid going anywhere on Sundays as the buses in South London turn into stinky hellholes full of people preaching so couldn't get to Upmarket to sample Molly's wares. However recently Selfridges started stocking Molly's cake pops so we can all sample them :)

I bought two cake pops - a vanilla and a chocolate. I can't comment on the chocolate one as Manny scoffed it without sharing. My vanilla one was a lovely sphere of yummyness - nice and moist and flavoursome. I recommend you get to Selfridges and have one now!

And here is a pic swiped from Molly's Facebook (thanks Molly!) showing her gorgeous cakepops standing up nicely in Selfridges!