Saturday, January 9, 2010

I have started today!

Whew!! I have finally setup my blog. Have picked the template, added the gadgets and done away with all the technology stuff. Need to figure out a lot more things and that can be pretty tiresome for my technologically challenged brain,but it can wait. I just can't wait to share my experiments with you guys.

Having two hyper active kids,juggling part-time office work and  school home work,a passion for food comes as a delicious respite. Cooking is something I find extremely satisfying - gastronomically and otherwise. I keep finding new excuses to call someone over for cold coffee and sandwiches, freeze a cake ice cream for a rainy-oops-sunny day:-)),make some extra cake just in case my kids( read I ) feel like having a cake fudge, give just one more try to get the chocolate cigars right. Food is on my mind 24/7,food is a big part of my life - You get the picture.

Hubby and kids appreciate whatever I make(er..most of the times:-) and put up with my visits to supermarkets in search of the elusive ingredient.

I just can't resist posting a picture of one of my better-looking cakes,just so that you have a good first impression of me:-)) The others will follow.
I made this cake for my daughter Aditi's second birthday.  A basic vanilla cake,soaked in peach juice, filled with chopped  peaches and whipped cream.