Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh when the snowman brings the snow


It hasn't snowed in London since Saturday and London is still in snow chaos. The headlines are full of tales of woe and despair of poor people spending nights sleeping on floors of airports, or even worse on a pavement in Kings Cross. At least we've not sunk to the depths of brutally murdering snowmen like the bus drivers of Urbana!


I find in times of trouble what really helps me is a nice cup of tea and a biscuit.* That's right a biscuit! I've deviated slightly for once from my all cupcakes all the time moto to share this fantastic Nutmeg and Custard Yo Yo's recipe I found via Lucy's Teen Baker blog as it's a perfect little Christmas treat, especially if you make them bite size like I did. They're also dead easy for kids to make (perhaps with supervision!). If you make mini ones, remember to adjust the cooking time - mine took about 10mins.


I'd love to take a load of these down to the airports and cheer everyone up, but alas Manny may divorce me if I tried!!

*and possibly a ranty swear on Twitter/Facebook.