Tuesday, November 16, 2010

random thoughts.

this picture makes me laugh. taken here.

isaac is finally home from what seemed like a never ending business trip {6 days!} and i am one happy girl. on sunday night i had the most terrible nightmare and was so glad when i woke up wimpering that he was there to hold me close.

big news people. i am now totally on my own at work. i finished all my orientation shifts on sunday! i can't believe it. i'm excited but a little scared. i just keep telling myself "you can do it, you can do it" and it seems to work. my unit is so great because there is always someone around to help me if i need it. i love my job so much. last weekend i was able to really help some of my patients make big progress towards getting better and it made me feel so good. and one of them even brought me a chocolatey treat the next day! being a pediatric nurse is the best.

i just finished reading sarah's key and absolutely loved it. it is such a well written story. it is very sad, but you really must read it. now, what to read next?

christmas is in 40 days! i unfortunately have to work the night shift on both christmas eve and christmas, but i am excited nonetheless. we just have to get creative about when we'll be celebrating! and i can't wait to get decorating. i found the cutest wreath at target last week and can't wait to hang it up.

other things i'm excited for: thanksgiving and harry potter. yep, that's it.