Wednesday, November 24, 2010

half shifts blow chunks.

i worked my first shift alone yesterday - it was crazy. i worked a half shift {1 pm-7 pm} because i had my nurse residency class in the morning and you would think a half shift would be nice and easy. um, no. every time i work the last 6 hours of the day shift i want to scream and cry. it is always so crazy. i wish i could share with you the insanity that happened {i almost got punched...thank goodness for male coworkers} but something about patient confidentiality keeps ringing in the back of my mind. okay, i'm done complaining. i really do love my job.

today i'm planning on spend the entire day in, there is no way i'm facing the last minute thanksgiving shoppers/the icy icy cold snow. no way. two things i do not like. my plans include continuing my harry potter fest {i'm almost done with book 1}, baking some pumpkin snickerdoodles to take to work tomorrow {i'm working another half shift! at least it's the front half or i might cry}, baking a pecan pie for my lover boy/fam to enjoy on thanksgiving, and possible putting up my christmas decor - minus the tree. yay!

i love thanksgiving. the end.