Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bakeomania !!

    Here I come with the round up and a little adrenalin for you! I could actually hear some of you muttering away as to what can take someone so long to post a round up and announce the winner:). Specially since I had mentioned the last date for accepting entries as 8th January and the round up on 10th January.  I know there are no excuses for this , so my apologies! For those of you coming in late, I had announced an event and a giveaway as my blog turned one. And the giveaway is The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum! This book actually needs no introduction , being a very famous book by a very famous author and a must-have on the shelf of every true-blue baker. 

The response has been very heartening and I have received 61 entries (55 if you exclude my entries and yes, all of these are fresh posts). My heartfelt thanks to everyone who has participated, am truly honored you took time to bake something for me. Without further ado, here comes the round up. A visual treat for all us bakers looking out for new and inspiring bakes to fill our homes with the aroma of baking and the satisfaction it brings. Here are 60 recipes for you to try out...I hope I have not missed out any entries here, if I have, please do mail me, I will immediately include yours. 

Oops...!!! Have missed out on 6 delicious entries! Have updated them, sorry about this ladies..



Here they come in the order I have received them...




















































48. Chocolate Chip Pound Cake FromVani (non-blogger)

49. Garlic Rolls From Vani (non-blogger)

50. Black Forest Cake From Rekha of The Key Bunch











And the winner is.....

Scroll down slowly.....



Oh, did I tell you that I loved thrillers as a kid before I got buried in cook books? Thought I will put you on the edge of your seat for a while;-)... I used to hate it when an episode ended right at the time you would know who was the culprit..But then it was real fun too. I like to build a little more anticipation and suspense... I will announce the winner real soon..Watch this space, winner to be announced very, very soon!!! Cross my heart!!