Monday, November 16, 2009

chocolate minties.

yet another cookie recipe coming your way! lately i have been obsessed with cookies. it just feels so good to have a yummy meal and top it off with a sweet homemade treat. this recipe was given to me by my sweet friend tiffany. it is super easy and combines my 2 favorite flavors: chocolate and mint.

chocolate minties
(my name for them)

1 box devil's food chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 bag andes chocolate mints

mix all ingredients and divide into teaspoon (or if you like big cookies like me - tablespoon) size balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. remove from oven and place one andes mint on each cookie. let the mint sit and melt for a minute and then use a toothpick to swirl the melted mint.
can you say yum?!