Thursday, November 26, 2009

blessed.

isaac and i are on the young married activity committee in our ward and i've really loved it! (i wasn't expecting to...) we've made some great friends and last week we had the opportunity to take the fixings for a big thanksgiving meal to a widow in our ward. i get so wrapped up in our own little world that i honesty forgot how good it felt to serve another.I love this quote by president monson from october's general conference:

"That service to which all of us have been called is the service of the Lord Jesus Christ. As He enlists us to His cause, He invites us to draw close to Him. He speaks to you and to me: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
If we truly listen, we may hear that voice from far away say to us, as it spoke to another, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant.” That each may qualify for this blessing from our Lord is my prayer, and I offer it in His name, even Jesus Christ, our Savior, amen."

read more of this talk here.

i am truly blessed.
i have the best husband, family and friends. you guys rule.

happy thanksgiving!