Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Easy-peasy cheese bread recipe

I have to be honest with you, my cheese bread turned out a little funny this time. But I know why, so it's OK - it was the extra egg I put in. Don't get me wrong, it was still nice, just a little eggy. Anyhow,  it's a great recipe, and I ate it with beans last night, and for lunch today, with soup. Jamie had it warm with butter and a cup of tea


Ingredients:
Half a cup of self raising flour
Half a cut of plain flour
Half a cup of oats
1 egg
100 grams grated cheese (strong cheddar works well)
50 grams butter
Half a teaspoon of paprika
Half a teaspoon of turmeric
Garlic salt


Sieve the flours into a bowl and work the butter into this with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, like that up there. then add the spices and garlic salt. Mix in the oats and cheese and add an egg. Mould it into a bready shape (first pic) and put into a buttered baking tin. Don't panic and stick an extra egg in (like me) if it looks a little dry! Bake in a pre-heated oven, at 150 degrees for approximately 25mins. And that's it! How easy is that?


I actually feel guilty today, because the flat is filled with the delicious smell of Anna's Swedish chocolate cake, which you really must try! It looks quite plain, but is all lovely and gooey inside - heaven. And I'm not even a massive chocolate lover. I'm don't know if the if the cake is actually Swedish, but Anna is, so that's what we'll call it. I promise that I will get the recipe of her very soon and feature it on here. In the meantime, check out the 30 minute tagine I cooked last week