Thursday, February 4, 2010

I want to Swallow lots of cupcakes




Since I first read about Swallow Bakery a couple of years ago (I can't find the post - damn Blogger and their rubbish search function) I've been meaning to visit Chichester to try their cupcakes, but all this time later I've still not got there. Maybe this year for my birthday I should head there instead of Brighton, as the cakes look lovely and it's always nice to visit new places and try cupcakes.

So the reason for mentioning Swallow again with no real news - while reading the latest issue of Jamie Oliver's magazine I spotted their awesome Swallow Airstream in an article about food at the Womad Festival*. Isn't it adorable, and check out the cupcake on top - I wonder if I could get a cupcake like that and mount it on top of our house?

There is also a recipe for Swallow's red velvet cupcakes in the magazine.

Picture credits - top, Swallow Bakery, middle, Swallow Bakery Facebook site and bottom, Jamie Oliver magazine.
*I have never wanted to go to Womad festival - totally not my kind of music but the food looks AWESOME