Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I want candy



The fabulous Molly Bakes recently supplied cakes for Jodie Harsh's 25th birthday and I just had to share them with you as they are gorgeous.

...when Jodie tells me the brief for the cakes was the "I Want Candy" sequence from the recent Marie Antoinette movie I squealed with delight - this was too perfect!

We went for candy coloured cupcakes using decorations such as sparkly sweetie wrappers, roses, dragonflies, bows, butterflies all in contrasting sugar sweet hues. Not only did we go for cupcakes I also decided to create a two tier giant cupcake which of course turned out to be my most spectacular creation yet!

Molly constantly makes me hungry with her cupcake postings on Facebook and Twitter, particularly the photos of her giant cupcakes, which always look fantastic. You can also check out her blog for even more pics of her yummy cakes - be prepared to drool a little!

Shamefully, I've been meaning to get to Molly's stall at Sunday Upmarket for months now and just haven't made it -but I will get there soon, I promise - and of course will report back! If they taste as good as they look I'll be in cupcake heaven :)