Friday, January 2, 2009

biggest news yet.

I AM ENGAGED!!!

Can you believe it! Isaac asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve and its now almost been 2 weeks, that shows you what a terrible blogger I am.
We are so excited!
We are getting hitched on Saturday May 9, 2009 in the Salt Lake Temple.

Soooo here is how Isaac did it. He is so sneaky, I had no idea it was coming. We have been talking about getting married for a few months now but Isaac made me believe we wouldn't get engaged for a few months. He even suggested we wait until after I finish nursing school (if I get in of course) which would be August 2010 and I cried a little. Seriously. I told him my friends were all predicting that we would get engaged around Christmas or my birthday and I just told them "nooo noo noo." I later told Isaac this and he was very apologetic that my friends were bugging me about it and it wasn't going to happen. He threw me off so many times.


So for Christmas Eve we planned on spending the night with his family but we went to get some lunch before. We went and had a yummy lunch at Olive Garden and then went back to his place to take a little nap before we went to his parents. We decided to exchange one gift on Christmas Eve and Isaac wanted to go to our favorite park across the street from his place to exchange them. He knows I love that park so I just thought he was trying to my Christmas Eve special... Of course I brought my digi and snapped these pics.

I felt so bad for the ducks because their home was frozen.
Gotcha Ike.
I thought we should take a picture before and after we opened our gifts...
This is before. I am a goof.
I gave Isaac the Magic Bullet he has been wanting since we first started dating. Pretty pathetic in comparison to his upcoming gift for me...
Me before opening my giftie.
I loved the wrapping.
He made me a book!! It is filled with pictures of us throughout our relationship. I loved it. I slowly just flipped through all the pics loving each one and then I got to the last page that said...
"Emma Joy Russell, will you marry me? Isaac Marklin Westwood"
I saw that on the page but it didn't quite register in my brain and I looked up at him and he was on his knee with a ring in his hand! AH!! I couldn't believe it. He asked me to marry him and I just kept saying "really?? Really!?!" I saw the ring and asked "is it real?????" and he was like "is that a yes??" Hahaha I was just so shocked! I of course said yes yes yes times a million. I was so excited. He had been planning this for over a month and I had no idea. He is such a pro at keeping secrets because I pick up on EVERYTHING. Literally.
Isaac's family was close by waiting to come congratulate us and a took a bunch of pictures.

Such shock.

I love my ring. He picked it out himself and I couldn't imagine anything better!
It was sooo cold so my hands were all red and frigid.

It was so fun sharing it with his family. Isaac's mom and dad gave me a locket with pictures in it, one of me as a little girl and one of Isaac as a little boy. It is so cute I love it.
After we were done at the park we went up to Murray to share the news with my family. My dad knew we were going to get engaged because Isaac took him to lunch a few days before to ask him permission. My dad didn't tell my mom because he knew my mom might blow it...she can't keep anything from me. My family was so excited! These are the pictures my dad took and emailed to everyone.



I love this boy so much. I can't wait until May 9!
I have started the wedding plans...I'll post info sooooooooooon.