Sunday, February 6, 2011

Curly Wurly cupcakes sind sehr gut


Last year my work relocated near to Borough Market and I often pop into Konditor and Cook for my lunch, and try desperately to avoid buying either Curly Wurly cake or their Curly Wurly brownies. On Friday a new incarnation of my K&C favourite was on display to tempt me -  the Curly Wurly cupcake!!


Resistance was futile, especially when (a) they had adorable little chocolate bears on, (b) Curly Wurly is my all time favourite Konditor and Cook cake and (c) they were on offer, two for a fiver. Oh, and lets not forget  (d) I'm a fatty that cannot resist cupcakes.


We didn't get round to eating them on Friday as we were full after dinner, so had them on Saturday. They were still very moist which again makes me wonder when I buy a dry cupcake from (unfortunately) many cupcakeries in London when the heck did they make them! The vanilla cream cheese frosting is quite sweet on the curly wurly cake but I find it goes really well with the dark chocolate sponge - but be warned if you're not a fan of sweet things.

This is the first time I've seen these in store, and I visit often, so I'm not sure if they're going to start stocking them all the time, but I will check and feedback on here, incase anyone wants to try them. You can always bake your own at home if you want to - I know I shall be!

Oh and finally, I told Manny to choose one of the cupcakes while I jumped in the shower pre-gig going and he chose the teddy bear one!!! How mean!