Friday, October 16, 2009

grandma.

my sweet grandma passed away last month and i miss her every day. i was honored to speak at her funeral and read an excerpt from my journal i kept as an 8 year old girl.

"i love my grandma so much! she takes me places a lot. but i love her so much that i cannot tell you. do you like your grandma? well you probably do not love yours as much as i do! she is the best grandma in the world! she loves us so much that when she hugs us we get squeezed because she loves us so much! she is my dad's mom but she is nicer to me than my dad. i am sort of afraid that she might die but my mom says she won't die until i am older. my grandma likes cats. i love my grandma."

haha that is a pretty good description of how all her grandchildren felt about her. my mom, me as a babe, my cousin jessica, and my dear grandma marilyn

i feel so lucky to be her granddaughter.